A Tradition of Hiring the Best and the Brightest
G & H Towing Company operates a fleet of over 40 tugboats that provide harbor towing in the Ports of Corpus Christi, Freeport, Galveston, Texas City and Houston. The company operates under the International Safety Management Code and American Waterways Operators Responsible Carrier Program.
Minimum licensing requirements for each position are:
- Master – MMC Endorsement as Master of Towing Vessels or equivalent endorsed for service on Inland Waters, or Near Coastal Waters, or Oceans with valid Radar Observer (unlimited) endorsement.
- Chief Engineer (CHE)–MMC endorsement as a National Chief Engineer – Limited Near Coastal without horsepower
- Chief Engineer (DDA)– MMC endorsement as a National Designated Duty Engineer without horsepower limitation.
- Mate – Mate of Towing Vessel or equivalent on Inland Waters, or Near Coastal Waters, or Oceans with valid Radar Observer (unlimited)
- Deckhand – Valid USCG Merchant Mariner Credential
- Deck Engine Utility – Valid USCG Merchant Mariner Credential
All crew members must possess a valid TWIC card. To learn more about TWIC certification, click here.